Wednesday 10 October 2012

Till now

I started to try to show how the threads used to pull us are not really seen. One may think everything inside and around you is perfect but there is always something wrong as well. The idea to just outline the face came from magic mirror in the Cinderella fairy tale.  A used coca bottle did the job of a frame. I cut off the base and melt the wholes true with heated needle. Fishing line is strong enough to hold the fabric in place and not to break straight away on the edges of the plastic.

 To work inside the bottle was fairly cramped and I decided to make the work space bigger. I asked for Jillian's  to construct 2 wooden frames. One 30 cm cube and second meter by meter cube. I'll use the smaller one to experiment.







 The plan was to pull out from fabric the whole outline of the face...lips and eyebrows...all of it, but from where I stand now it may be even better to not define the face too much and leave some things for the shadows and imagination to work out.










Now this is a picture of a pavement. The flaw part of a pavement to be exact but it looks so interesting and alive. I used the punk option on my camera with flash.










The lines on this leaf also look very interesting. They remind me of the nerve connections in human body.




castle of nets crochet art 225x300 castle of nets crochet art





Toshiko Horiuchi-MacAdam





I found this brilliant artist who uses crocheting to make her pieces of art. She started making these playgrounds after  few kids started climbing on her art pieces in a gallery not knowing any better. This gave Toshiko Horiuchi-MacAdam a great idea how to put the pieces to better use.

Castle of Nets Japanese Crochet art from Hobiuchi Macadam 1981

http://www.crochetconcupiscence.com/2012/01/playground-crochet-artist-toshiko-horiuchi-macadam/



An other interesting work is by John Toth.



as

No comments:

Post a Comment