Wednesday 10 October 2012

What next.

Haven't posted anything for a while. It seams that when I ma in thinking mode very little time is left to prioritase the writting work.
I was looking up some more artists who use wire for their artwork.

Alexander Calder was brilliant artist. I really like the use of materials, colours and balance.

http://calder.org/work/category/hangingmobile/30.html

He uses everything and nothing goes to waist. I have had to restrain myself walking past the skips not to take a peek to whats in there and can I possible use it as well. Do not get me wrong...I am not a horder but I do hate waist.

Jewellery by Calder
Strong yet delicate.



This piece by Calder seams so strong but yet it gives me familiar feeling of being stretched out and pulled betveen everything. Limitations by ourselves, the world, our bodyes...


Calder wire sculpture.
Isn't it amasing what one can do with just a piece of wire.












I have been using wire mostly to make the outer line for showing how nerve connections work in our body. You get signals from outside world nerves bringing the messages and sometimes these messages do not get where they are sopposed to. Broken signals... Most people learn to live with their broken world.












This drawing was an idea I was trying to work with but have not figured out yet how to do it. I need a bigger spring or a spiral made of spring so I can attach it to surround not so well defined person in it. Well actually.... it could be interesting to do it with an actual person and proken jumper with threads coming out of it...... Have to come back to that idea another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment