Monday 4 February 2013

February 4th 2013. Painting with under glazes.

Today I was decorating my thrown bowl and dragon scaly piece.
We were suggested by tutors to look at Paul Klee's  work for inspiration. 

The under glazes I was using.



I chose the color scheme for my bowl from his oil on pasteboard painting 'Cosmic Composition' 1919.  




Second piece I painted was inspired color vise by Klee's 'Crystal Gradation'.1921, watercolor. The scales came out little too blue but I decided that it looked better than gradual change in tones.




Almost all the pieces of mine that went into kiln came out ok. Just one of the pinch pot vessels lost a tail tip.
I am kind of pleased with the female figure I made on Friday now. I think that raku firing will suit it perfectly. The crackling technique by Hsin -Chuen Lin I saw today in YouTube would of been perfect together with the slits in her body.  


No comments:

Post a Comment