Thursday 7 February 2013

Glazing, raku firing.

Raku firing was even more fun than I expected...It was also sooo cold. Cant wait to see how rest of the pieces turned out.


Here is the raku firing process.
Gas firing kiln.






My little bowl could not resist the camera all blushing from the heat.


The saw dust that makes those wonderful marks on clay.


Before washing, just out of fire.



And look what came out!


Little hairy dude. Sonic hairstyle for Boguslaw.

On this piece I applied resist slip and glaze on top of it. To alter the smoke pattern my way I scraped thorough both lairs to give smoke better access. Can't wait to see how it came out.




 Little under sea creatures got their under glaze cover and glaze as well. Hopefully my clumsiness with the glazing process did not damage the outcome.




Look at this application...horrible!



No comments:

Post a Comment