Thursday 7 February 2013

February 7th, more out of the kiln.

The final stage of naked raku is so exciting...and a bit disappointing. The last one because I actually liked the effect that occurred with the sacrifice glaze still on.





The sacrifice glaze on.




Glaze just chips off.



After washing off the excess slip.


I still would like to treat the piece with wax to give the lines more striking look.



The under glazed and fired sea creature vessels have so much more power now. The colors really surprised me as I was not sure how they would come out.






Sadly this little dude lost a leg and as I applied slightly too much glaze (which made the bottom thicker) it does not balance very well.



Thrown bowl painted keeping in mind Paul Klee's work.





This piece was an hybrid of the cone and a seed from the first week.



An other hybrid made with raku technique.

Before washing it clean.....



...and after.


No comments:

Post a Comment