Wednesday 20 February 2013

Sculpture elective. Week one.

We started by brainstorming about the senses:hearing, sight, taste, respiration, blood pressure/pulse and temperature.
I chose verb to stretch that came out of blood pressure/pulse mind map. 



The meaning of this verb is wide. You can stretch patience  material, paint, imagination, endurance.
To unstretch which (my laptop confirms) is not even a word would mean somewhat rigidness. Taking away possibilities...

To try out theory of pushing the limits of spreading paint thin on and thorough materials.

 Try on/between cling film






I noticed how ink from my pen traveled faster in some grains of the paper than the rest which gave me an idea to see how thin I can stretch paint on paper and fabric.

Paper



 Hairspray covered silk.


Moist silk and liquid acrylic paint.





Moist cotton liquid fabric acrylic paint searching its way in the grains.











Stretching the paint thinner and spreading multiple colors thorough each other gave me an idea.
Art, fashion objects, furniture even food- everything is looking like anything nowadays. Clothes look like mechanical objects. Furniture like food. Bags like female backsides and food can be art or the other way around. The lines are thinning between what is what.

So here it is...my cake ...new way.










No comments:

Post a Comment