Monday 4 February 2013

Friday 1-st of February, Reserch.

On last Friday most of our pinch pots went into biscuit firing as well as the bowl that I made on Tuesday so today they would have been nice and hard and ready to be painted or treated for raku firing.



I also made this figure based on the hybrid design from last week.
I made the base as a pinch pot ball and built on it with coils. Lets see how it comes out.


Paul Klee

I was reading up about life and work of Paul Klee last night. He has great sense for simplifying and reducing to basics the world around him. He's art has childlike charm and quality. The best part for me is how he talks by colours and basic shapes. The main focus of his painting seams to be finding the spirituality in his surroundings.


Christie Brown

I like the earlier work of Cristie Brown, especially the clay figures presented in Ceramics Monthly 1987 June/July/August edition. She is studying the relationship between line and movement. The figures have been made by joining two slabs of  clay together and then shaping them by molding with hands.
Artist is using influence from ancient Egypt arheological findings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment